Jessica Collier
Journal Six
This week I decided that I should donate to the humane society. I brought in some bleach and newspapers. Those two items are very important to keep the shelter clean and running. They go through a lot of bleach with doing laundry and disinfecting the kennels. I think that bleach is one item that most people do not think of donating. Last week I heard the employees saying they were out of bleach and they were arguing over who was going to buy some. It is not an expensive product so I thought it would be the perfect thing for me to donate. I had wanted to donate something so this was a great opportunity. The employees were very appreciative when I brought it in.
There was not a lot for me to do this week. I mainly cleaned out puppy and cat kennels, fed the cats, and played with the puppies. There were other volunteers there so I was not able to play with the puppies in the kitchen area. I instead had to hold the puppies while walking around the shelter. This made me feel like I was in the way because there is not any extra room for someone to stand. Almost every inch of the shelter is occupied with supplies or people working. I did not feel like I accomplished a lot this week with helping the animals since they seemed to have everything under control without me. I did clean a little bit but it was not for the animals. I washed the employees’ dishes just so I did not feel useless. I do not know if they noticed but at least I was doing something.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home